8.5 build failure

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvriedel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 16:14:22 UTC 2018

Hi Simon et al.

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 5:37 PM, Simon Peyton Jones via ghc-devs <
ghc-devs at haskell.org> wrote:

> It seems to be caused by some missing Makefile dependency
>

> It may be significant that the dependency is a module in libraries/base
> GHC/IO.hs-boot  depending on one GHC.Integer.Type  in
> libraries/integer-gmp.

That's quite likely the case, either directly or indirectly. When changing
the dependency graph, especially involving `.hs-boot` files, it happens
quite easily that one needs to give the build-system a hint and make
implicit module-graph dependencies more explicit by adding an explicit
`import SomeModule ()` in the appropriate place. You may find commit of
mine where I did things like that in the past.