Re: RTS changes affect runtime when they shouldn’t

Sebastian Graf sgraf1337 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 22:34:55 UTC 2017

Hi,

I did it for my thesis and I found it ok. I mean I always sent it off
> to some machine and looked at the results later, so I did not really
> care whether it took 30mins or 2h.

I did the same for my thesis (the setup of which basically was a rip-off of
Joachim's) and it was really quite bearable. I think it was even faster
than doing NoFibRuns=30 without counting instructions.

The only real drawback I see is that instruction count might skew results,
because AFAIK it doesn't properly take the architecture (pipeline,
latencies, etc.) into account. It might be just OK for the average program,
though.

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 10:13 PM, Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de