ANN: Overlay Hackage Package Index for GHC HEAD

Sebastian Graf sgraf1337 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 08:17:00 UTC 2017

Hey,

this sounds extremely related to stack's Local dependency packages
<https://docs.haskellstack.org/en/stable/yaml_configuration/#local-dependency-packages-extra-dep>.
Basically, what you specify in your stack.yaml when overriding the
containers version looks like this:

packages:
- location: . # The actual project
- location:
    git: git at github.com:haskell/containers
    commit: 5879fe5cece8cd4493016b793015469046d421b2
  extra-dep: true

I find this extremely useful for playing around with stuff that's not yet
published on hackage.
I think this is not so useful when stuff gets actually published on
hackage, because hackage can only reference packages on hackage IIRC, but
this is exactly the use case we would have for GHC.

So long,
Sebastian