GHC staus

Moritz Angermann moritz.angermann at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 08:37:12 UTC 2017

Hi,

not sure if this is noteworthy:

The following is or will hopefully make(*) it
into 8.4 as well

- (1) iserv-remote (run iserv on a remote device over the network)
- (2) arm / aarch64 linker for elf and mach-o
- (3*) `-staticlib` support for Linux and BSD derivatives (was darwin only):
- (4*) `-llvmng` new llvm bitcode code gen
- (5*) refactored llvm pipeline

This essentially is all part of making GHC natively
support cross compiling (including support for Template Haskell) to android/iOS/RaspberryPi.

I hope to give a lighting talk around those, if I get a slot.

Cheers,
 Moritz

Sent from my iPhone