Relocatable dist

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Wed Oct 25 02:07:21 UTC 2017

Hi,

right now I’d like to compare the compiler at my feature branch with
and without the last commit on that branch. I have a working copy at
the end of my feature branch. If the worktree was relocatable, I could
now simply `cp -r` the whole worktree, pop the top commit, run
`make -C ghc 2` and would be good to go.

This would be much more pleasant that the current thing where I have to
 create a new work tree and rebuild everything from scratch…

(Again, nothing constructive in this mail, it's just motivational.
Or maybe someone can enlighten me with a better workflow.)

Joachim

--
Joachim Breitner
  mail at joachim-breitner.de