[ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.2.2 release candidate 1

Ryan Scott ryan.gl.scott at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 18:15:21 UTC 2017

I did a smoke test of Stackage Nightly's libraries [1] this afternoon using
GHC 8.2.2. Only two libraries failed to build: extensible-0.4.5 and
protolude-0.2, due to a change where type signatures like `foo :: forall k.
forall (a :: k). ...` no longer compile without enabling TypeInType.

I only mention this because the migration guide for 8.4 [2] currently gives
the impression that this TypeInType change won't land until GHC 8.4. This
doesn't appear to be case, though!

Ryan S.
-----
[1] https://www.stackage.org/nightly-2017-09-29