[commit: ghc] master: llvmGen: Pass vector arguments in vector registers by default (15f788f)

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Fri Nov 3 16:31:40 UTC 2017

Gabor Greif <ggreif at gmail.com> writes:

> IIRC there are no more static flags around. So adding ":type: dynamic"
> each time seems redundant. Could this be automated somehow? Or should
> we remove ":type:" altogether?

Well, we can't quite remove :type: yet since it still distinguishes
"mode" flags (e.g. --make) from "normal" flags. In addition, some flags
are marked as `dynamic / :set`, indicating that they can be changed
within GHCi with `:set`. That being said, I agree that the :type:'s are
needlessly verbose. I see two ways to proceed:

 * Make :type: default to `dynamic` (or perhaps another, friendlier name)

 * Represent mode flags with a different directive entirely

In either case we might want to add a new boolean option to :ghc-flag:
asserting it can be set from within ghci, separating this information
from :type:.

Cheers,

- Ben