GHC 8.2.1 status

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Mon Mar 27 15:41:56 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

Here is your periodic release update. After a number of false-starts,
the tree is finally approaching a releasable state. Last week I cut
the ghc-8.2 branch and things have been stabilizing ever since. At this
point we are waiting on only a couple more fixes before the rc1 source
release can be cut,

 * #13474: To be addressed by Richard soon
 * #13410: To be addressed by Simon PJ shortly
 * #13333: To be addressed by Ben shortly
 * #13433: Simon Marow has a fix

There are also a few issues that we have deemed not to block -rc1, but
which must be addressed prior to the final release,

 * #13220: David will verify that
 * #13233: Ben will do a bit more digging, Simon PJ will think about it

With luck we will be able to finish the -rc1 blockers in the next couple
of days, allowing us to cut a source release by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Cheers,

 - Your friendly release manager