Compiling CMM tests with LLVM

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+hs at mega-nerd.com
Sat Mar 18 21:35:35 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I'm working on a minor change to CMM (#13442) and while writing the
tests realized that the CMM tests were only run with `-fasm` and not
with `-fllvm`. Furthermore other than running the test manually myself,
I could not figure out how to make it compile with LLVM.

My test (in my WIP local branch) is:

    testsuite/tests/codeGen/should_compile/T13442.cmm

and I updated the `all.T` in that same directory with the line:

    test('T13442', [cmm_src], compile, ['-dcmm-lint'])

Anyone have any clues as to how to make this compile with LLVM if
LLVM is available? I suspect it should probably be turned on for
the vast majority of the CMM tests.

Erik