Reinstallable lib:ghc (was: [core libraries] Upgradeable base (smallest step forward))

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at mit.edu
Thu Jul 27 00:35:06 UTC 2017

Reinstalled GHC should be completely ABI compatible.  This should
actually not be difficult to achieve, since we already rely on this
in the GHC build system: we assume that ghc-stage1 generated hi files
can be compatibly read and used by ghc-stage2.

Excerpts from Joachim Breitner's message of 2017-07-24 15:04:21 -0400: