Bringing back #ghc IRC logging

Niklas Hambüchen mail at nh2.me
Wed Jul 12 12:37:06 UTC 2017

Hi,

as you may have noticed, #ghc IRC logging has been broken for months
(though the channel topic still says "Logs: http://ircbrowse.net/ghc").

Logs being unavailable is bad because many problems and topics that were
googleable before are no longer googleable.

We have discussed in the last 2 days on #ghc whether we should just join
#ghc with a 0-effort-on-our-side public logging service like botbot.me.

This one in particular doesn't have the best UI but I found it to be
very googleable, and many open-source projects use it successfully.

Is anybody opposed to this?

Niklas