Which stable GHC release is expected to have support for linear types?

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang-it at jeltsch.info
Sun Jul 9 20:35:46 UTC 2017

Hi, Edvard!

I generally followed the instructions on

    https://github.com/tweag/ghc/tree/linear-types#building-from-source  ,

but when running

    git checkout tweag/linear-types  ,

I got the following error message:

> fatal: Not a git repository: ${BASEDIR}/ghc/.git/modules/.arc-linters/arcanist-external-json-linter

I guess this is because my local directory is not named “ghc”, but “ghc-
linear”. In my opinion, the repository should not assume that a local
copy of it resides in a directory of a certain name. Is this a GHC issue
or an issue with your linear-types branch?

All the best,
Wolfgang