Next steps of the trac-to-maniphest migration?

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 13:26:23 UTC 2017

On 24 January 2017 at 10:37, Matthew Pickering <matthewtpickering at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thank you Simon.
>
> If you have any example queries that you run often or queries which
> you have embedded into wikipages then it would be useful to share them
> so I can investigate.

The 8.2.1 status page has queries embedded:
https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Status/GHC-8.2.1

Personally I do queries like "all open bugs where Component = RuntimeSystem
ordered by priority".  It looks like we can probably do that with Maniphest.

I couldn't take a look at the interface for creating a ticket because I
have to create an account, and it says my account is pending approval.

Does Maniphest have a concept of ticket dependencies? i.e. ticket X is
blocked by Y.

Can we have custom fields with Maniphest?  I like the rich metadata we have
with OS / Architecture / Component / Failure types.  It's true that we
don't use it consistently, but at least when we do use it there's an
obvious and standard way to do it.  When I search for RTS bugs I know that
at least all the bugs I'm seeing are RTS bugs, even if I'm not seeing all
the RTS bugs. People responsible for particular architectures can keep
their metadata up to date to make it easier to manage their ticket lists.

With regards to the last point. This is possible in a more structured
> way. You can create a dashboard with a single query embedded and then
> embed this using standard remarkup syntax.
>
> For example on a project page, I embedded a query which matched
> tickets with "PatternSynonyms" and "newcomer".
>
> http://ec2-52-214-147-146.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com/
> project/profile/165/
>
> You can embed this panel anywhere where remarkup is accepted. For
> example, in a wiki page -
> http://ec2-52-214-147-146.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com/w/ or
> tickets http://ec2-52-214-147-146.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com/T12548

Ok, it's good to know that Phabricator can embed queries, but we're not
planning to move the wiki, correct?