Convincing GHC not to produce unfoldings during simplification

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Sun Feb 12 17:48:21 UTC 2017

Ben Gamari <ben at smart-cactus.org> writes:

> I have observed that the floated bindings are not included in the
> interface file with -O0. Moreover, the core2core output clearly shows
> the unfoldings being added after the first simplifier phase. I haven't
> yet determined where in the simplifier these unfoldings are being
> introduced, but if anyone has ideas I'd love to hear them.

Ahhh, the inline pragma I was applying was wrong; I wanted
neverInlinePragma but instead rolled my own (incorrect) version of it.

It's interesting that neverInlinePragma has a NeverActive activation
with EmptyInlineSpec. My intuition had lead me to an AlwaysActive
activation of a NoInline InlineSpec.

Cheers,

- Ben