Master broken?

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Thu Feb 2 16:44:36 UTC 2017

Simon Peyton Jones via ghc-devs <ghc-devs at haskell.org> writes:

> My clean build of origin/master, on 64-bit Linux is showing these failures
>
> Unexpected failures:
>
>    /tmp/ghctest-5_qx1p/test   spaces/./pmcheck/should_compile/T11195.run   T11195 [exit code non-0] (normal)
>

> Unexpected stat failures:
>
>    /tmp/ghctest-5_qx1p/test   spaces/./perf/compiler/T5837.run   T5837 [stat too good] (normal)
>
>    /tmp/ghctest-5_qx1p/test   spaces/./perf/compiler/T12234.run  T12234 [stat too good] (optasm)
>
> (I do wish the summary omitted those long paths; makes it hard to read.)
> I'm happy about the perf improvements, but why don't they happen for other people?

I bumped the allocation numbers for T12234 yesterday as it was failing
on Darwin. It currently passes for my on x86_64/Linux. I'm not sure what
to make of this. It quite frustrating how much environmental sensitivity
these tests have. I personally this this is good motivation to follow
through on #12758.

> T11195 is a very long-running pattern-match perf test that regularly
> fails on a heavily loaded machine, with a timeout. It's very tiresome,
> but I don't think it's a regression.

Yes, I have seen this on a few occassions, but not recently. I'm not
sure what we can do other than bumping the timeout a bit.

Cheers,

- Ben