More history in perf.haskell.org graphs

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Wed Feb 1 18:42:23 UTC 2017

Reid Barton <rwbarton at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Joachim,
>
> The graphs like https://perf.haskell.org/ghc/#graph/buildtime/make are
> very helpful, but I haven't found a way to adjust the range of commits
> shown from the default of the last 50 commits. For example, suppose I
> wanted to see the history of build time over the past 12 months and
> then narrow in on commits that caused regressions. Is there a way to
> do that using the https://perf.haskell.org/ghc/ website?

This is precisely the goal of my own ghc-perf tool [1], although it has
sadly languished in the recent months. I really need to work out some
Postgrest performance issues and find a more reliable hosting situation
for it.

> Failing that, is the data that goes into these graphs available for
> download in some form?

Joachim can likely provide a more helpful answer, but at very least the
logs are available here [2]. I use a set of scripts [3] to extract
performance numbers from these logs into PostgreSQL.

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] http://home.smart-cactus.org/~ben/ghc-perf/
[2] https://github.com/nomeata/ghc-speed-logs