Haskell Platform 8.2.2 - virus?

Matthew Lamari matt.lamari at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 20:28:45 UTC 2017

New Haskell install was tripping my Bitdefender like crazy and in weird
ways - not new as that's how bitdefender rolls. However, I retested in a
 clean test, with (free) Hitman Pro

I started from a base case with 2 clean windows 8 VMs.

New 8.2.2 install - has virus
Old 8.0.2 Jan 2017 - no virus

According to Hitman Pro, touchy.exe, haddock-8.2.2, ghc-8.2.2.exe, and
unlit.exe have some problem post-install. I went no further on the VMs.

"Detection Names
Kaspersky	Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Paph.fsv
"

Bitdefender didn't get it on install but would lock the whole thing down
on the first run of "Cabal".