Nested CPR patch review

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Dec 22 17:27:54 UTC 2017

Terrific!

What are the nofib results?

Can we have a couple of artificial benchmarks in cpranal/should_run that show substantial perf improvements because the nested CPR wins in some inner loop?

Is https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/NestedCPR still an accurate summary of the idea?   And the Akio2017 sub-page?  It would be easier to review the code if the design documentation accurately described it.

I'll look in the new year.  Thanks!

Simon