[ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.4.1-alpha1 available

George Colpitts george.colpitts at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 13:22:12 UTC 2017

Probably stating what is obvious and well-know but anyways:

   - On the status page
   <https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Status/GHC-8.4.1> it would be
   good to have a link for "Phase 2 of the Semigroup-Monoid Proposal (Herbert
   Riedel)"
   - Also IIRC we normally have a page on porting to the new release. It
   would be good to have that also when we have a chance.

It's great that we are getting started early.