Long standing annoying issue in ghci

David Feuer david at well-typed.com
Tue Dec 5 22:13:21 UTC 2017

It sounds like this should be added to the GHCi documentation, even if it's not strictly about GHCi.

David FeuerWell-Typed, LLP
-------- Original message --------From: Evan Laforge <qdunkan at gmail.com> Date: 12/5/17  4:49 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> Cc: ghc-devs at haskell.org Subject: Re: Long standing annoying issue in ghci
Here's what I use:

:set prompt "\ESC[46m\STX%s>\ESC[39;49m\STX "

I believe \STX is a signal to haskeline for control sequences.
Documentation is here:
https://github.com/judah/haskeline/wiki/ControlSequencesInPrompt