Alex install failure

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Sat Aug 19 15:44:46 UTC 2017

Simon Peyton Jones <simonpj at microsoft.com> writes:

> | Then you're another victim of
> |
> | https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/13945

Oh dear, yes, it looks like I lost track of this one.

> [Reads ticket]. Blimey. This looks serious. As in release-blocker
> (except that we have released). Why does it only happen with 8.2.1?
> The ticket has no how-to-fix plan.

The problem is that we don't really know what the issue is yet. Some
have hypothesized that it's due to SELinux, I suspect the problem is
NFS. Perhaps there are multiple issues. More information about the
environments under which this is observed would certainly be helpful.

If someone could describe their environment I would be happy to
try reproducing and investigate.

Cheers,

- Ben