make install fails on master on macOS Sierra

Mitsutoshi Aoe maoe at foldr.in
Fri Apr 28 21:37:52 UTC 2017

> At this point I would suggest doing a "make clean", then running the
> bootstrap script and configure again before rebuilding.

I just tried building from a clean checkout with the same build.mk.

./boot
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ghc/ghc-HEAD
make -j4
make install

This resulted in the same error:

"/usr/local/ghc/ghc-HEAD/lib/ghc-8.3.20170428/bin/ghc-pkg" --force --global-package-db "/usr/local/ghc/ghc-HEAD/lib/ghc-8.3.20170428/package.conf.d" update rts/dist/package.conf.install
Reading package info from "rts/dist/package.conf.install" ... done.
: Warning: Unrecognized field exposed-modules on line 708
: Warning: Unrecognized field key on line 703
: Warning: Unrecognized field id on line 702
: Warning: Unrecognized field version on line 701
: Warning: Unrecognized field name on line 700
: invalid package identifier:
: missing id field
make[1]: *** [install_packages] Error 1
make: *** [install] Error 2

My cabal is 2.1.0.0

% cabal --version
cabal-install version 2.1.0.0
compiled using version 2.1.0.0 of the Cabal library

Regards,
Mitsutoshi