[Diffusion] [Raised Concern] rGHC751996e90a96: Kill off complications in CoreFVs

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Tue Apr 18 23:07:12 UTC 2017

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 18.04.2017, 22:49 +0000 schrieb Simon Peyton Jones via
ghc-devs:
> Thanks Joachim.  But rather than giving me a person tutorial every
> six months, might it not be more efficient to make the web pages self
> explanatory?  Eg by supplying a key, by signalling more clearly that
> only commits with significant changes are shown etc?

Self-explanatory web-pages would be ideal, and I tried to make it as
self-explanatory as my limited UI skills carry me. And before I add
documentation (which gets out of date and does not get read anyways),
I’d rather refine the UI.

The missing commits are already hinted at with the somewhat thick
dotted line that replaces then. Maybe it needs to be thicker, and
possibly have a tooltip to explain it. Or I should try to recreate how
GitHub visually indicates when only part of a diff is shown.

Also, I don’t mind explaining it twice a year. This way I at least
learn if people are still using the tool :-)

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim “nomeata” Breitner