Re: ghc-stage2 —interactive segfaults on Mac OS X 10.11.6 (build flavour = prof)

Alfredo Di Napoli alfredo.dinapoli at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 19:33:21 UTC 2017

Ok, I had success by removing “-debug” in favour of “-DDEBUG”. After
compiling GHC I fired GDB and this is the output:

Starting program:
/Users/adinapoli/programming/haskell/ghc/inplace/lib/bin/ghc-stage2
-B/Users/adinapoli/programming/haskell/ghc/inplace/lib --interactive
GHCi, version 8.3.20170413: http://www.haskell.org/ghc/  :? for help
[New Thread 0x120f of process 19786]
[New Thread 0x1403 of process 19786]
[New Thread 0x1503 of process 19786]
[New Thread 0x1603 of process 19786]

Thread 1 received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x0000000104cdd81a in ocInit_MachO () at rts/linker/MachO.c:141
141         if(NULL != oc->info->nlist) {

Maybe it does ring a bell to any of you. In case not, I’m happy to continue
digging.

A.