ghc-stage2 —interactive segfaults on Mac OS X 10.11.6 (build flavour = prof)

Alfredo Di Napoli alfredo.dinapoli at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 13:28:54 UTC 2017

Hey all,

I’m trying to compile GHC HEAD (cloning from master) with the `prof` build
flavour on a Mac OS X 10.11.6 machine and I have noticed that, despite
ghc-stage2 works as expected, when invoked with —interactive it starts
before crashing with a segmentation fault:

```
☁  compiler [master] ⚡ ../inplace/bin/ghc-stage2 --interactive
GHCi, version 8.3.20170413: http://www.haskell.org/ghc/  :? for help
[1]    79176 segmentation fault  ../inplace/bin/ghc-stage2 --interactive
```

Did it happen to somebody else or it’s just me? Shall I try throwing gdb at
it to try and see what’s going on?

Thanks,

Alfredo