submodules

Reid Barton rwbarton at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 16:01:23 UTC 2017

Hi Simon,

This happens because the locations of the submodules are specified
using relative paths from the main GHC repository, but Tritlo has only
made a fork of the main GHC repo, not all the submodules. I would do
this:

* Clone from the main GHC repo (including submodules) however you
usually do it (e.g., git clone --recursive
https://git.haskell.org/ghc.git)
* Add Tritlo's ghc repo as a remote: git remote add tritlo
git at github.com:Tritlo/ghc.git
* Fetch from the new remote: git fetch tritlo
* Check out the branch you want: git checkout tritlo/<branch-name>

Here "tritlo" is just a name for the remote within your local ghc
checkout, so it can be anything you choose.

Regards,
Reid Barton