GHC Core simplifier question: turn off all passes?

Richard Eisenberg rae at cs.brynmawr.edu
Fri Apr 7 13:36:25 UTC 2017

> On Apr 7, 2017, at 9:24 AM, Christopher Done <chrisdone at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  all the
> simplifier rules deleted or something?

I'm not sure what you mean here by "simplifier rules deleted". The "simple-optimization" pass doesn't consult any user-specified RULES or anything -- it just does a few substitutions, etc. I don't think there's a way to disable it. Indeed, it's necessary in order for RULES to work, as the simple-optimizer shuffles RULES' left-hand sides to enable matching to succeed later on.

Richard