testsuite not in GHC 8.2.1-rc1 source tarball ?

George Colpitts george.colpitts at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 13:39:48 UTC 2017

Thanks Brandon

After downloading the source tarball and doing a build successfully I
wanted to run the testsuite.

You write

   - As far as I know, the test suite is normally run from ghc/testsuite.

That directory doesn't exist for me:

   -  pwd
   - /Users/gcolpitts/Downloads/ghc-8.2.0.20170404/ghc
   - bash-3.2$ ls testsuite
   - ls: testsuite: No such file or directory
   - bash-3.2$

so I guess the source tarball doesn't contain it and those who do a build
can't test their build with the testsuite. I was hoping I could do that.

I didn't think the libffi directories were the right place to run from but
they were only testsuite directories that the find command gave me.

Thanks again
George