Setting Up a OpenBSD System for Building GHC Wiki Page

Matthias Kilian kili at outback.escape.de
Wed Apr 5 20:38:01 UTC 2017

Hi Adam,

On Wed, Apr 05, 2017 at 03:39:18PM +0800, Adam Steen wrote:
> I have created the Building/Preparation/OpenBSD Wiki Page, i have not yet
> link it to Building/Preparation
> <https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/Preparation> page yet, but
> am looking for a review
>
> Setting Up a OpenBSD System for Building GHC
> <https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/Preparation/OpenBSD>

Nice to see that some people actively work on ghc on OpenBSD (and
apologies for me beeing such a slacker keeping the ghc package for
OpenBSD up to date).

FWIW, you don't have to pass the very exact package name to pkg_add,
like 'autoconf-2.69p2' or ''automake-1.15p0'. There's a relatively new
concept in pkg_tools called 'branches' (see pkg_add(1) manpage).

You just have to replace the '-' separating the stem and the version by

	pkg_add autoconf%2.69 automake%1.15

Then you'll get autoconf-2.69 and aotmake-1.15 regardless of what's the
current REVISION (aka package patchleve) ot the package.

Ciao,
	Kili