Windows 10 Creators Update will break GHC (Was FW: GHC on Windows 10 15019+)

Ryan Trinkle ryan.trinkle at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 12:25:15 UTC 2017

I would strongly urge that any new tarballs be released under new names,
and that the old tarballs be kept in place.  Changing existing tarball URLs
silently causes breakage for Nix, and, I would imagine, for any other build
systems that are particularly concerned with reproducibility.  Nix packages
based on GHC use an SHA-256 hash of the tarball to check it when
downloading, which of course will be broken by any change, no matter how
minor.

Of course, this doesn't necessarily impact the version number directly.