GHC 8.2.1-rc1 source tarball availability

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Tue Apr 4 04:21:17 UTC 2017

tl;dr: If you would like to produce a binary distribution for GHC
       8.2.1-rc1 then let me know, grab the source distribution and
       start building. The binary distributions will be announced one
       week from today.

Hello GHC packagers,

I am happy to announce the release of the 8.2.1-rc1 source distribution
to binary packagers. You will find the usual source artifacts at

    http://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/8.2.1-rc1/

As usual, the sooner we can get the binary distributions together the
better, but I will hold off on announcing the distributions until next
Sunday to ensure we're all on the same page. It would be appreciated if
you could reply to this message confirming that you intend to offer a
binary distribution this release.

Otherwise, let me know if you have any trouble building your
distribution. I have yet to push the ghc-8.2.1-rc1 tag in case we
encounter unexpected issues but all of my builds with this tarball
thusfar have gone swimmingly save a few known issues (namely #13426,
#13233, and #13509).

Good luck and thanks for all of your work!

Cheers,

- Ben