How, precisely, can we improve?

Takenobu Tani takenobu.hs at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 10:56:41 UTC 2016

Hi,

Richard said:
(1) search engines still find out-of-date documentation
(2) the wiki is not discoverable

I know trac is treasure house.
And I realized old pages are valuable for decision.

My concrete suggestion is here:

For (1):
When we find out-of-date documentation, we directly modify head of the
document.
We manually insert a comment like "This content is out-of-date for GHC8.0".
(New contributors easy can do it.)

For (2):
We provide manually-written multiple indexes for different views on a
portal page of the wiki site.
Contributors could maintain each index themselves.
(New comers will choose his favorite index for his exploring.)

Furthermore, we provide a simple search box for multiple wiki sites.
(Please wait for a while. I'll prepare simple-conceptual demonstration with
web.)

Diversity is strength of Haskell community,
Takenobu