How, precisely, can we improve?

Bardur Arantsson spam at scientician.net
Thu Sep 29 03:55:16 UTC 2016

On 2016-09-29 04:43, Richard Eisenberg wrote:
> Here's a pre-proposal (which could be formalized into a proper proposal)
> to address the wiki discussion:
>
> - Configure the wiki to display the date of last edit prominently.
>
> - If the date of last edit is sufficiently long ago (1 year?) loudly
> warn the reader that the content may be out-of-date.

I see at least one major issue with this: Search engines don't care if
you write "THIS MAY BE OUT OF DATE" on the page. It's a perennial
problem that search engines keep linking out of date material just
because such material tends to be linked more (simply because of age).

There are few tings as infuriating as going through a bunch of search
results and getting pages from 10 years ago.

Regards,