New home for the perf.haskell.org builder wanted

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Mon Oct 24 23:25:12 UTC 2016

Hi,

although I have moved away from Karlsruhe three months ago, so far it
is still my office PC driving
https://perf.haskell.org/ghc/

But a new person is now using my desk and wants to use this machine, so
I should really really move this away from there now.

Sebastian Graf has been working on turning gipeda, the Frontend
perf.haskell.org, into a more general service open to open source
Haskell projects, and this is close, but not close enough to simply
stop running the performance tests until he is good to go.

He currently has a machine given from haskell.org to run this on, but
it is a virtual machine and the measurements are too flaky for real
use.

So basically, I need a decent non-virtualized (or virtualized, but
exclusive) machine to move my performance build runner to, as quickly
as possible. The current specs are
 * 8 core Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
 * 16 GB RAM
but it does not matter too much, a slightly weaker machine would be
able to keep up as well. I also do not necessarily need root access
(but it would be beyond the point if the machine would do other stuff
that incurs a heavy load).

The same machine could then be used by Sebastian for his more general
setup, once that is ready to go.

Does anyone have something handy?

Greetings,
Joachim