Compact regions in users guide

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Mon Oct 17 17:32:10 UTC 2016

Hello Compact Regions authors,

It occurs to me that the compact regions support that is due to be
included in GHC 8.2 is lacking any discussion in the users guide. At
very least we should have a mention in the release notes (this is one of
the major features of 8.2, afterall) and a brief overview of the feature
elsewhere. It's a bit hard saying where the overview would fit
(parallel.rst is an option, albeit imperfect; glasgow_exts.rst is
another). I'll leave this up to you.

I've opened #12413 [1] to track this task. Do you suppose one of you
could take a few minutes to finish this off?

Thanks!

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/12413