qualified module export

Karl Cronburg karl at cs.tufts.edu
Tue Oct 11 15:54:15 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm attempting to add support for export of qualified modules (feature
request #8043), and any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Namely I'm
very familiar with languages / grammars / happy and was easily able to add
an appropriate production alternative to Parser.y to construct a new AST
node when 'qualified module' is seen in the export list, i.e.:

|  'module' modid             {% amsu (sLL $1 $> (IEModuleContents $2))
                                      [mj AnnModule $1] }
|  'qualified' 'module' qconid --maybeas
                              {% amsu (sLL $2 $> (IEModuleQualified $3))
                                      [mj AnnQualified $1] }

But now I'm lost in the compiler internals. Where should I be looking /
focusing on? In particular:

- Where do exported identifiers get added to the list of "[LIE Name]" in
ExportAccum (in TcRnExports.hs)?

Thanks,
-Karl Cronburg-