Reading floating point

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 17:56:20 UTC 2016

The right solution is to fix things so we have scientific notation literal
rep available.  Any other contortions run into challenges in repsentavility
of things.  That's of course ignoring denormalized floats, infinities,
negative zero and perhaps nans.

At the very least we need to efficiently and safely support everything but
nan. And I have some ideas for that I hope to share soon.