Status of Harbormaster

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+hs at mega-nerd.com
Tue Oct 4 07:18:52 UTC 2016

Ben Gamari wrote:

> It's a bit unclear how far we should extend test coverage. In the future
> I think I will at very least add an i386 Ubuntu environment, but we
> could go farther still. For instance these platforms immediately come to
> mind,
>
>  * x86_64 FreeBSD
>  * x86_64 Solaris
>  * ARM Linux (although this could be quite tricky given the speed of
>    these machines)
>  * AArch64 Linux

That would be awesome if we could get access to a decent (by which I mean
server grade, with at least 4 cores and 8 Gig of RAM).

The other option for ARM/Linux and AArch64/Linux is cross-compile builds.
Just building GHC as a cross-compiler for these targets would shave out
a lot of bugs. Let me know if you're interested. Its really pretty easy
to set up on a Debian or Ubuntu system.

Erik