Strictness/laziness warnings

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Mon May 30 03:16:26 UTC 2016

Mostly I'm looking for a rough estimate. Some false positives and
false negatives are tolerable. If I have something like

f :: Int -> Maybe String -> String
f _ Nothing = "Hi there!"
f n (Just b) = if n > 0 then show b else "whatever"

then I'd likely be interested in a warning about the fact that the
first case is not strict in the Int and the second is. I'd also likely
be interested in a warning about the first case because I'm taking a
small primitive value (Int) and doing so lazily.