Stop rejecting Summary: Signed-off-by: ... OR patch Phabricator

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at mit.edu
Thu May 12 22:40:03 UTC 2016

Hey guys,

Currently the commit hooks reject commit messages that look like:

Unfortunately, if I do a one line commit message with -s, Phabricator
will automatically reformat my message to have this.

This is dumb. Either:

    1) You should stop rejecting these commit messages, or

    2) You should patch Phabricator to stop munging the messages
    this way.  The message formatting is done server-side so as
    a client I have no way of changing it, you need to fix it.
    This URL has some guidance on how to do it:
        https://secure.phabricator.com/T6055

I'd offer to edit the hook myself but there does not seem to be
any canonical location where the hooks are versioned.

Thanks,
Edward