[ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.0.1 source tarball available

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Wed May 11 15:33:35 UTC 2016

> [ Unknown signature status ]
tl;dr: If you would like to produce a binary distribution for GHC
       8.0.1 then let us know, grab the source distribution and start
       building. The binary distributions will be all released one week
       from today.

Hello GHC packagers,

I am happy to at long last announce the release of the 8.0.1 source
distribution to binary packagers. You will find the usual artifacts at

    http://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/8.0.1/

These tarballs are derived from GHC commit

    e99c1e2516aeb283172c7e6898508238e33cf065.

For this release we are again following our new release policy [1],
with a one-week delay between the release of the source and binary
distributions. The goal of this policy is to give all platforms the
opportunity for support from the first day of a release.

If all of the expected binary releases are submitted before the
week-long delay has elapsed, we will move forward with the release of
the binaries on an accelerated schedule. It would be appreciated if you
could reply to this message confirming that you intend to offer a binary
distribution for this release.

Otherwise, let either Austin or I know if you have any trouble building
your distribution. As usual I'll hold off on pushing the release git tag
until we have a few binaries built in case we encounter unexpected
issues.

Good luck and thanks for all of your work!

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/2016-March/011546.html