7.10.3 fails to build with Xcode 7.3

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at justtesting.org
Sat Mar 26 13:36:57 UTC 2016

At HVR’s suggestion, I tried passing —with-nm=…/nm-classic to configure and that indeed fixes the problem, confirming that this is #11744.

A fix is simple in this case, check whether

  `xcode-select -p`/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/nm-classic

or

  `xcode-select -p`/usr/bin/nm-classic

exists. If yes, use that instead of ’nm’; otherwise, use ’nm’ as usual. (You need to check for both, because the former is what comes with Xcode and the latter is what comes with the standalone command line tool package.)

Thanks,
Manuel