msys2 64 bit: help help!

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Tue Jun 28 12:50:59 UTC 2016

David, Tamar

I have another issue.  I'm using 'magit' (in emacs) to drive git.  But it gives half-minute delays to do anything at all.  There are lots of people complaining about it (googlable) but no solutions I can see.  Do I have to give up magit?

It used to be fine in earlier versions.

Just at the moment it's Much Much More Serious.  Even opening a file in emacs (nothing to do with git or (ostensibly) magit, takes nearly a minute!!  In the process manager I can see lots of git activity -- just when I open a file in ordinary emacs!

I have utterly no idea why this might be.  I'm adding John Wiegley, my Emacs Friend

Thanks

Simon