Require -fexternal-interpreter support for future TH changes?

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Wed Jun 22 12:27:02 UTC 2016

It’s a great start, thanks

Simon

From: Simon Marlow [mailto:marlowsd at gmail.com]
Sent: 22 June 2016 12:32
To: Simon Peyton Jones <simonpj at microsoft.com>
Cc: ghc-devs at haskell.org
Subject: Re: Require -fexternal-interpreter support for future TH changes?

How's this? https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Commentary/Compiler/ExternalInterpreter
I don't want to go into too much detail in the wiki, because details are more likely to stay current if they're in Notes in the code.  There are already a few Notes (e.g. https://phabricator.haskell.org/diffusion/GHC/browse/master/compiler/ghci/GHCi.hs;619958832cbe11096cae3dac9a0a7a5591163a00$86) but if anything is confusing I'll happily add more Notes.
Cheers
Simon