Proposal process status

lonetiger at gmail.com lonetiger at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 17:02:35 UTC 2016

+1 from me for keeping the two separate as well. While GHC may be the obviously prevalent Haskell compiler it is a far from the only one,
And I’d hate to have to look at a proposal for adding an extension to GHC (which would be riddled with GHC specific implementation specifics)
Rather than a clean specification.

Maybe I’m naïve but I also see the Haskell committees as doing more than just copy pasting what’s worked. But also evaluate how it can be done
Better. I can perfectly well see situations where the implementation in GHC ended up being less useful than It should be just because of
Implementation quirks/difficulties in GHC.

Cheers,
Tamar

From: Richard Eisenberg