Rethinking GHC's approach to managing proposals

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 22:00:46 UTC 2016

Hello,

I think this sounds fairly reasonable, but it is hard to say how well it
will work in practice until we try it.

Some clarifying questions on the intended process:
   1.  After submitting the initial merge request, is the person making the
proposal to wait for any kind of acknowledgment, or just move on to step 2?
   2. Is the discussion going to happen on one of the mailing lists, if so
which?   Is it the job of the proposing person to involve/notify the
committee about the discussion?  If so, how are they to find out who is on
the committee?
   3. How does one actually perform step 3, another pull request or simply
an e-mail to someone?

Typo: two separate bullets in the proposal are labelled as 4.

Cheers,
-Iavor