vectorisation code?

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Mon Jan 25 14:39:18 UTC 2016

Simon Peyton Jones <simonpj at microsoft.com> writes:

> Making it part of *every* validate is a big ask because it takes so
> long to build.
>
> But we already have "sh validate --slow", which runs a lot more tests
> than --fast. So maybe it could be part of --slow?
>
> And I do think that we should have a nightly build (although perhaps
> not the continuous-integration build-every-commit stuff) that runs the
> full testsuite. I don't think that happens right now. But it should.

Indeed that sounds reasonable. I have a cronjob which performs a nightly
build and testsuite run anyways. As a start I can make these logs
publicly available and ensure that I get notified when the build breaks.

In the longer term I hope we can get some integration with Phabricator,
although if I'm not mistaken this isn't yet possible.

Cheers,

- Ben