Special treatment of family and role in the parser

Jan Stolarek jan.stolarek at p.lodz.pl
Thu Jan 21 14:50:49 UTC 2016

I'll take a look at the parser, see if we can do better.

> I also suggest that keywords introduced by GHC extensions should be lexed as keywords regardless
> of  whether extension is enabled or not: this way users won't get spurious errors if they
> suddenly enable extension and it turns out that some of their identifiers have become keywords.
I would be cautious here. Patch I am working on right now will use "kind" as a reserved
identifier. It will only be allowed after `data` keyword. Making it a reserved word everywhere
would be a major issue as many people doing type-level programming have variables named "kind".
You ar right that problem would be much smaller if the keyword was "datakind" but somehow I am
reluctant to seeing things like "datakindmember", "typeinstance", etc. What others think about
this proposal?

Janek

---
Politechnika Łódzka
Lodz University of Technology

Treść tej wiadomości zawiera informacje przeznaczone tylko dla adresata.
Jeżeli nie jesteście Państwo jej adresatem, bądź otrzymaliście ją przez pomyłkę
prosimy o powiadomienie o tym nadawcy oraz trwałe jej usunięcie.

This email contains information intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient or if you have received this message in error,
please notify the sender and delete it from your system.