Host-Oriented Template Haskell

Moritz Angermann moritz at lichtzwerge.de
Thu Jan 21 06:55:36 UTC 2016

Colour me an interested party!  For iOS one currently builds two
different ghc compiler.  One for the simulator (i386) and one for the
actual device (arm).  My initial work on bringing ghcjs’s TH support,
(which basically ships the TH out to a process on the target to compile
and brings back the compiled TH into the cross compiler) to ghc, was
based on the idea of having a TH handler plugin, which would handle the
TH parts, and could then be adapted for different TH situations.  This
of course could only work if the plugin was compiled with the same version
of ghc, that the cross compiler was.

I wonder if the multi-target pipeline might be simpler to achieve with
the llvm backend.

If someone is taking a shot at this, I’d like to help!

Cheers,
 Moritz

—————————————————
Moritz Angermann
+49 170 54 33 0 74
moritz at lichtzwerge.de

lichtzwerge GmbH
Raiffeisenstr. 8
93185 Michelsneukirchen

Amtsgericht Regensburg HRB 14723
Geschäftsführung: Moritz Angermann, Ralf Sangl
USt-Id: DE291948767

E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den
Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail
ist nicht gestattet.
If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in
error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in
this e-mail is strictly forbidden.