[ANNOUNCE] Glasgow Haskell Compiler 8.0.1, release candidate 1

George Colpitts george.colpitts at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 00:42:03 UTC 2016

Building from src on a Mac
Not sure why configure script couldn't figure out version of  llvm I have:

checking for llc-3.7... no
checking for llc... /usr/local/bin/llc
checking /usr/local/bin/llc is version 3.7... no
checking for opt-3.7... no
checking for opt... /usr/local/bin/opt
checking /usr/local/bin/opt is version 3.7... no
./configure: line 7717: test: too many arguments
./configure: line 7765: test: too many arguments
checking whether bootstrap compiler is affected by bug 9439...
<no location info>:
    Warning: Couldn't figure out LLVM version!
             Make sure you have installed LLVM
ghc: could not execute: , (
failed to compile

bash-3.2$ llc --version
LLVM (http://llvm.org/):
  LLVM version 3.5.1
  Optimized build with assertions.
  Built Jan 16 2015 (03:07:02).
  Default target: x86_64-apple-darwin15.2.0
  Host CPU: corei7

  Registered Targets:
    x86    - 32-bit X86: Pentium-Pro and above
    x86-64 - 64-bit X86: EM64T and AMD64
bash-3.2$ opt --version